This topic was brought to us this week by shackman, the true master of songs! Would that I were the same …
shackman, I love you, I consider you part of my inner circle in so many ways. So, it pains me to see your challenge and know that I am totally inadequate to the task! I wrestled with this over the past couple of days, literally. Every time I came up with a few candidates, it evolved almost immediately into a new set. And the set wasn’t always five.
However, here goes:
- Ave Maria, the version that was used in Fantasia. And, I’d like to have the video along with it. It just moves my inner feelings in a good way and since it is one of my last five, I’m assuming I’m on the way out. I’d like to go with the feeling it engenders in me.
- Thus Spake Zarathustra, 2001 Space Odyssey version. I’m on the way out and this might inspire me to evolve in a good way, LOL.
- I Did it My Way by Frank Sinatra. I do not like Sinatra the man, but I like this song as my last salute to the life and ego I leave behind.
- I Fall to Pieces by Patsy Cline. I have always liked music by Patsy Cline and besides … one way or another I’m getting ready to fall to pieces!
- How Great Thou Art or Amazing Grace. I don’t know which. There is a part of me that welcomes my soul’s reconnection with the All and these songs evoke that in me. I am sure there are some atheists out there thinking me a fool, but so be it.
Ask me again in ten minutes and it will be totally different. I am worthless at this!
Hey, wait, don’t take me yet. I forgot to include any Rock and Roll or Blues. Can I see the menu again? Maybe a little Billie Holiday or side of …