Friday, May 31, 2013

Tomorrow

This is the topic brought to us from sometime in the past by Grannymar.  Oh, that's rich with irony!  Just as I started considering the topic, I ran across the eventual rebirth of GM's first response to the idea of the Loose Blogger Consortium as it resurfaced on Facebook.  It was yours truly who originally had the brainstorm and Ramana has rightly said that only three of us originals still contribute on a regular basis.  Of course, now you know who the three are.

So, GM suggests "Tomorrow" as a topic from sometime yesterday and I get ready to deal with the inspiration from yesterday of "Tomorrow," but a message from yesterday reemerges that has every bearing on tomorrow, causing my earlier ideas to terminate before I even reach the now of writing.  Is that clear?  As she makes the transition to a new blog format using Wordpress, her past resurfaces as posts convert over and this one came due at the perfect time!  GM was a bit intimidated back then which I now find pretty humorous.  The woman, my cuz (cousin), is an all-star writer in a league few can match, but I don't think she could fully realize that without taking a bold stride into her tomorrow.  She's made a life out of doing that!

This is a microcosm of what the LBC has done to those of us who have taken it to heart.  It upsets our preconceptions, it keeps tomorrow a mystery gestating some new excitement.  Sometimes, it is even a bit scary.  After all, you lay out your ideas and people comment, then you go see what the others, all talented and creative, have come up with.  Put on your helmet poor ego.

Tomorrow doesn't get any better than that!

Here was Grannymar's original post:

http://grannymar.wordpress.com/2009/07/10/creating-a-consortium/

15 comments:

  1. Itimidated? somehow I find that very hard to believe - LOL. The LBC seems to have unleashed a prophet, poet and photographer to say nothing of a great cook if she actually tests her posted recipes. I do find it somewhat humorous that the lady who refuses to live in the opast is now revisiting so much of it though - LOL> Now that's irony.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shackman, way back on day one, there were four of us on the starting blocks. Three guys, all champions of dictionary breakfasts vying to be first on home base (did I get that right?) and little old me. When I heard about our topic for week two, I was ready for the hills. It was Stereotyping, so I jumped outside the box!

      Yep,. This old girl has tested and tasted all her recipe, over the years.

      Delete
  2. @shackman

    She was well established before the LBC was born, but it is according to some of her own comments that she found it a bit intimidating heading in. Then she did the first post on Creativity and the rest of us were left sitting there saying "Holy crap! How do you compete with that???" LOL She's the best and I share your appreciation of the irony of her current forward to the past situation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. shackman, they stitch wurds together, I am better with fabric!

      Delete
    2. Grannymar, modesty does not become you, that is wisdom by hind sight if you get the drift!

      Delete
  3. She is quite a writer! I'm still waiting for her book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Delirious

    I think she's quite a liver! And, uh, I'm not talking about the organ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fossie, at least the liver works, even if other bits are worn out! ;)

      Delete
    2. @Grannymar

      LOL. Join the Boomer crowd in various stages of explosion!

      Delete
  5. TOF, only you could have written this the way it has turned out. I doff my topi to you. Yes, the original three musketeers now joined by three other regulars, Shackman, Maxi and Delirious have made the exercise worth its weight in gold. I look forward to a lot of tomorrow Fridays, as I am sure you do too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Maria Perry Mohan

    Hi back at you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Rummuser

    One of the joys of the LBC is the different writing styles of all participants. Each of us expresses in our own way and it is a delight to make the rounds after our Friday offerings.

    ReplyDelete

If a post is older than 7 days, the comment will go for moderation. Sorry for that inconvenience, but it cuts down on spam and it is much better than Captcha. I promise to check the moderation folder regularly.